Generally, people who like to do it themselves may already have the good stuff in their toolbox.
First, you will need :
- Screwdriver set
Then, to people who likes renovate or “do it themselfs” :
- Cordless drill/driver
- Jig saw
Woodworking tools :
- Chisels set
- Wood rasp
- Wooden mallet
- False square
- Electric planer (maybe you could rent it)
Epoxy construction :
- Kitchen / gram scale : be careful with calibrating the balance before using it.
- Clamps : it will be better to have a lot of clamps when you’ll apply epoxy. To build a small wooden boat, such as the Morbic 10 or the Morbic 12, you will probably need twelve clamps. You should know that epoxy could damage your clamps, that is why it’s better to buy cheaper ones. For a taller boat, you will need to increase your clamps number and you should have some bigger models.
For wood finishes :
- Orbital sander
- Sanding blocks (with abrasive / sand paper).
Moreover, I think there are other tools you will need, especially if you decide to build a biggest wooden boat (more than 5/6 m) :
- Belt grinder
- Drill press
- Wood working router
- Small sander (with triangle shaped head)
Using a shop vacuum is a good and safe way to reduce dust.
If you want to add anything further, you can post a comment / message.